Around the world, humanity is experiencing a technological revolution, altering the way we live, work, and relate to one another. These changes, fueled by the democratization of digital technology, are also dramatically impacting the way brands interact and communicate with their customers and employees.
Looking into the future, the convergence of previously unrelated fields including digital, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotics will build on and amplify their collective impact on the ongoing transformation. The World Economic Forum refers to this period as ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution.’
There are three reasons why today’s transformations represent not merely a prolongation of the Third Industrial Revolution but rather the arrival of a Fourth and distinct one: velocity, scope, and systems impact. The speed of current breakthroughs has no historical precedent. When compared with previous industrial revolutions, the Fourth is evolving at an exponential rather than a linear pace. Moreover, it is disrupting almost every industry in every country. And the breadth and depth of these changes herald the transformation of entire systems of production, management, and governance. -Klaus Schwab
Digital Transformation refers to the changes associated with the application of digital technology to all aspects of running a business organization. Digital Clarity Group provides thought leadership, consulting and advisory services designed to help globally connected organizations dovetail into this unfolding period of continuous transformation and succeed. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us for more information.
In the meantime, here are some of our recent publications on Digital Transformation:
- Can SAP’s new C4/HANA suite lead the digital experience revolution?
- Bringing data and process together at Bank of the West
- Assessing and Selecting Digital Partners: A Framework
- Delighting customers doesn’t always require a huge investment and massive effort
- The five top trends in customer experience management in 2018 and beyond
- Top 10 Trends in BPM for 2018 and beyond
- Retailers turn to customer journey strategies for business transformation
- Retail Marketing: Get Started on Creating Great Customer Experiences with Journey Strategies
- Pharma firms turn to customer journey mapping strategies
- Hollywood: coming to a business near you