Around the world, humanity is experiencing a technological revolution, altering the way we live, work, and relate to one another. These changes, fueled by the democratization of digital technology, are also dramatically impacting the way brands interact and communicate with their customers and employees.
Looking into the future, the convergence of previously unrelated fields including digital, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotics will build on and amplify their collective impact on the ongoing transformation. The World Economic Forum refers to this period as ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution.’
There are three reasons why today’s transformations represent not merely a prolongation of the Third Industrial Revolution but rather the arrival of a Fourth and distinct one: velocity, scope, and systems impact. The speed of current breakthroughs has no historical precedent. When compared with previous industrial revolutions, the Fourth is evolving at an exponential rather than a linear pace. Moreover, it is disrupting almost every industry in every country. And the breadth and depth of these changes herald the transformation of entire systems of production, management, and governance. -Klaus Schwab
Digital Transformation refers to the changes associated with the application of digital technology to all aspects of running a business organization. Digital Clarity Group provides thought leadership, consulting and advisory services designed to help globally connected organizations dovetail into this unfolding period of continuous transformation and succeed. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us for more information.
In the meantime, here are some of our recent publications on Digital Transformation:
- Customer Experience and Operational Excellence join forces for digital transformation
- Conversations about business process by an all-star team
- Artificial intelligence grabs center stage at AIIM’s information management leadership council
- Is your firm ready to transform digital inside and digital outside?
- Beyond Technology: Aligning People and Processes for Customer Experience
- Governance for content success
- When Evaluating A Digital Partner, Look For Integration Mastery
- Digital Transformation: It’s even coming for our groceries
- “Go Live” is Just the Beginning
- Marketers: Planning to win in the era of accelerating change